Augmentin (Amoxicillin And Clavulanate) belongs to the class of medications known as penicillins, and works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
$59.95 – $419.95
Augmentin is an antibiotic medication that is made up of amoxicillin and clavulanate. It is used to treat bacterial infections in the body.
Augmentin comes in tablet and liquid form, and can be taken with or without food. It is important that you take Augmentin exactly as your doctor prescribes it, even if you start feeling better.
Skipping doses or not completing the entire course of antibiotics can lead to antibiotic resistance which makes the infection harder to treat later on. Common side effects of Augmentin include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and skin rash. If you experience any severe side effects such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the face or throat, seek medical attention right away.
Augmentin used to treat
Augmentin may be prescribed for sinus infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections, and skin infections.
- (Amoxicillin works by killing bacteria while clavulanate helps keep the amoxicillin from being destroyed by certain types of bacteria so that it can continue working against them
- Together they create an antibiotic with a broader spectrum against more types of bacteria than just amoxicillin alone
- Augmentin comes in both tablet and liquid form; it may be taken with or without food
- The usual adult dose for most infections ranges from one 250 mg tablet twice daily to one 500 mg tablet three times daily OR two teaspoonsful every 12 hours for liquid forms OR four mL every 12 hours for pediatric suspension forms
- Doses should be reduced for those over 60 years old due to decreased kidney function unless they are on hemodialysis then doses do not need adjustment.
- The complete course of treatment should last 10-14 days but may range upto 21 days depending on individual circumstances; however , never stop taking antibiotics before finishing prescribed even if feeling better because this could cause the infection to become resistant to further treatment.
- Some common side effects associated with taking Augmentin Tablets include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and skin rash; however these usually improve with in few days once therapy has begun
- If any severe symptoms develop such as critical difficulty breathing or other sudden signs of an allergic reaction like swelling of the face throat seek medical attention right away. Although generally safe and well tolerated when used as directed
Frequently asked Questions
Augmentin generic name
What should I avoid while taking Augmentin?
How many days should Augmentin be taken?
Augmentin dosage for uti in adults
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.